When you’re anticipating a new product to launch, how can you be sure it will be something your target audience wants? The easy answer is test marketing. Test marketing your product is a sure way to pre-determine the success of your product; however, you should know that there are a few ways to use test marketing to your advantage, and there’s no one-size-fits all strategy.
One approach you can take involves experiential marketing. This strategy involves setting up immersive experiences like mobile showrooms, pop ups, or product sampling activations where potential customers can get a feel of your product before they commit to purchasing.
In this blog post, we will cover 5 creative ways to test market your new product:
- Paid surveys
- Market research apps
- Freelance market researchers
- Mobile showrooms
- One-on-one connections
We’ll also discuss the pros and cons of each marketing tool so that you can make the best decision for your unique business goals and needs.
If you’re ready to learn how to test market your new ideas, read on!
What is Experiential Marketing?
The number of business owners who have successfully launched their new products is growing. Yet, how do you know how to effectively market a new product? Although there’s no ‘right answer,’ one of the most popular approaches is experiential marketing.
Experiential marketing involves putting your product in front of potential customers and seeing how they react in real time. In a nutshell, the strategy involves designing an interactive experience that lets people be a part of your business creation in a truly interpersonal way.
Why Use Experiential Marketing?
There are a number of reasons why you might want to consider using experiential marketing to test market your new product. Here are some of the most important ones to consider:
- It’s a great way to get feedback from potential customers. When you give your potential clients a chance to experience your product, you can see how they interact and receive honest feedback. This can help you make appropriate changes and improve your product before the launch, saving you time and money.
- It’s a cost-effective way to market your product. Experiential marketing is a low-cost way to reach out to potential customers and find the right people who are interested in your product.
- It builds excitement around your product. If done well, experiential marketing can generate significant buzz around your product. This can help you pique people’s interest, which can lead to more sales when you launch your product.
- It can influence word-of-mouth marketing for your product. Imagine all the potential customers who are enthusiastic to share this unique experience with their friends and family!
How To Test Market Your New Product Using Experiential Marketing
Now that we’ve discussed some of the reasons why you might want to use experiential marketing, let’s take a look at how you can test market your new product using this approach.
- Mobile showroom. A mobile showroom is a great way to reach potential customers in different locations. It is also known as a mobile showroom vehicle or mobile boutique, and is a kind of experiential marketing vehicle that develops engagement between brands and consumers. It’s also a cost-effective way to set up an interactive product experience. Check out Food Truck Promotions’ mobile showrooms to discover how we can help you improve the testing and marketing of your business.
- Pop up shop. This is a temporary store that you can set up in high-traffic areas. This is a great way to generate attraction and excitement around your product. It’s also a useful way to get feedback from potential buyers.
- Mobile tours. Mobile tours can be organized for experiential marketing events that are activated in multiple locations, cities, and states over a set period of time at any time of year. Mobile tours are held in public areas such as festivals, concerts, fairs, stadiums, parks, and other locations. Summer usually is the most popular season because of the higher concentration of shoppers spending time outdoors.
As mentioned earlier, mobile showrooms are some of the most popular approaches to experiential marketing. And, creating a mobile showroom is not as difficult as it may appear. The first step is sourcing a vehicle that can be converted into a mini showroom.
Once you have secured a ‘vehicle’ for success, you’ll also need to apply some creativity to create an exhibition space and set up some displays. The goal is to create a smooth consumer experience where the space allows people sample your product and provide feedback, whether that be direct or indirectly.
Paid surveys are a great way to test the market for a new product. You can even integrate surveys into a showroom or pop up experience like discussed previously.
By signing up for a few reputable survey sites, you can easily find out whether people are interested in your product and whether they would be willing to pay for it. You can also get feedback on what people like and don’t like about your product, which can help you make changes before you release it to the public. The most important thing to keep in mind is that your business product is trying to solve a problem and understanding this problem in depth through surveying is a very useful asset!
When choosing a paid survey site, be sure to look for one that is reputable and has a good reputation among users. The site should also offer a variety of surveys that pay well.
By following these tips, you can easily find a reputable paid survey site that will help you test the market for your new product. With a little bit of effort, you can get valuable feedback that will help you make your product serve even better.
Market Research Apps
Market research apps are a great way to get feedback on your new product. There are a number of different apps available, so it’s important to choose the right one for your needs. Some considerations you should make when choosing a market research app include:
- The type of research you need to do.
- The size of the app’s user base.
- The ease of use.
- The cost.
Freelance Market Researchers
If you’re looking for a way to test the market for your new product, you may want to consider using freelance market researchers. Freelance market researchers can help you gather information about your target audience and how they might react to your product. They can also help you develop marketing plans and strategies.
When choosing a freelance market researcher, be sure to look for someone who has experience in your industry and knows how to conduct market research. You should also make sure that the researcher is reputable and has a good track record.
The best way to find a good freelance market researcher is to ask around. Talk to other business owners, and see if they have any recommendations. You can also check online review sites to find out what other people have said about the researcher you’re considering.
One of the best ways to test the market for your new product is to get personal with potential customers. Talk to them about their problems, needs and how your product can solve their problem. Get curious about how they would feel about using your product.
When getting personal with potential customers, be sure to listen to what they have to say. Take their feedback into account and use it to improve your product.
One of the best way to test the market for your new product that adds value is by getting to know your potential customers on a personal level. It is not so different than the reflecting on relationships in our lives, as the interaction with your product is a relationship created between your client and the business product.
Considerations for Experiential Marketing
There are a number of things that you need to consider before setting up an experiential test marketing activation where your customers will interact with your product. Here are some of the most important ones:
- Location: You need to find a high-traffic area where people will be able to see your pop up shop.
- Timing: You need to make sure that your pop up shop is open during times when people are likely to be shopping.
- Budget: You need to make sure that you have enough money to cover the costs of setting up and running your pop up shop.
- Staff: You need to make sure that you have enough staff to run your pop up shop.
- Promotions: You need to make sure that you have a plan for promoting your pop up shop.
If you’re not sure how to set up strategies for marketing your product, there are a number of resources available online that can help you. Alternatively, you can contact Food Truck Promotions – we’re always happy to help.
Pros and Cons of Each Experiential Marketing Method
What are some of the advantages and disadvantages of each method? What would be the best method for your company specifically? Let’s take a look at each one in turn.
Setting up a pop-up shop or a mobile showroom is a great way to get people to interact with your product. You can control the environment and ensure that potential customers have a positive experience. However, pop-up shops and mobile showrooms can have higher costs to set up and run, and you’ll need to have enough staff on hand to deal with customer queries.
Organizing a mobile tour is a great way to reach a wide audience. It’s also relatively easy to set up and run. However, you’ll need to make sure that you choose your locations carefully, as not all areas will be equally successful. You’ll also need to promote your tour effectively in order to generate interest.
Running surveys or focus groups are a great way to get detailed feedback from potential customers. However, it can be difficult to reach a large number of people this way, and you may not get an accurate picture of how people would interact with your product in the real world.
As you can see, each method has its own advantages and disadvantages. It’s important to weigh up these factors before deciding which approach is best for your company.
Ready to Test Your Product?
Experiential marketing is a great way to test market your new product. It allows you to get feedback from potential customers and understand how they interact with your product. You can use all these observations to enhance the user experience of your product! There are a number of different ways that you can use experiential marketing, so choose the method that is best suited to your product and your goals.
With experiential marketing, you can launch your new product with confidence, knowing that you’ve already tested it out on your target market.
Do you have any questions about how to test market your new product? Leave a comment below and we’ll be happy to help!
CONTENTS Move over, moms— it’s time for Dads to take the spotlight. This Father’s Day, don’t miss out on the opportunity to boost your sales